Saturday 19 December 2009

“A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.”

Carl Reigner was an asshole for saying this. Snow is the ONLY good thing about winter in my book despite the obvious exceptions of presents and turkey.

Being cold? Rubbish. Crowded shopping centers/streets? Rubbish. Huge queues for the bank? Rubbish. Knowing as soon as Christmas is over you won't sleep until mid January because of last minute deadline rush? Rubbish. Pretending to be happy to see distant family members and being forced to kiss old people? Awkward and rubbish. But snow? Snow is amazing. It makes you forget how cold you are because it makes you so numb you lose feeling in every limb, it makes people excited and lovey dovey with each other, it's an excuse to throw shit at passers by and it not be an offense and it blankets the world in soft white - making everything look more appealing - cat shit, litter - who cares if you can't see it anymore?

Infact I wish I was closer to my university situated home so I could reenact the following:


Even the snowball to the vagina part:

But alas I am home alone, because people work in these parts but daddy has promised if it's still reasonably snowy by the morning we are going to reinvent the almost conservatory sized igloo we built when I was 3. So fingers crossed.